CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pink Housecoats and Ice Cream

Submerging myself in dim silence and a composition tablet
I try to think of a metaphoric idea to use for the sound
of my heartbreak,
I'm thinking I could use 'burst', 'crack' or 'crash'
really, it is as silent as it happened in the first place...
and I didn't even see it coming,
maybe it happened in the nap I took
'cause once upon a few hours ago, I was alright
silently pretending I didn't care
and I was better than what some guy did...
but now I feel like those girls
with their pink housecoats and ice cream
puffy red eyes glued to a sad chick flick
yes, I 'boo-hoo' in the same boat...
uneasiness coats my skin,
wanting my chest to liberate the love anxiety
that intoxicates my soul,
drunken lies influence their way into my head
and sways me into thinking I'll never love again...
then writer's block tells me to put the damn pen down
but not before writing a small list
consisting of pink terrycloth, a sad movie and a tub of butter pecan...

(c) Pryncess Poetiq 2006.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! THAT WAS A REAL SAD POEM....BUT I LOVED IT!FELLINGS FROM THE HEART REALLY INTENSE. NEVER PUT THE PEN DOWN!LET THE FIRE FLOW FROM IT WHEN TIMES LIKE THIS HAPPEN...VERY NICELY DONE...

TOPELECTRICIAN5/TWITTER