CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Untitled 2


I stare at the liquid hues of a beautiful dream
wishing that I could jump in to absorb
but you increase the level of my restraint
as my affection seems to go unnoticed
uncared for and abandoned
and I'm scared I'll drown into a false sense of security...
I dip the toes in, stirring the mere surface of it all
feeling so warm and inviting,
but you float away and I look away
staying dry in denial until the tears drop into the shallowness
rippling the waves of my heartache...
so for now, I keep my eyes on the lovely deep end
hoping that I'll be swimming soon...

(c) Pryncess Poetiq, 2009.

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Very nice and I love your pic above. Inspiring, sis! (@nubianwriter)

Pryncess Poetiq said...

Thank you very much :-)

Anonymous said...

Your flow is truly gentle.....A kind of comforting serenity.....That's the best way I can describe it.